Friday, July 11, 2008

a day in the city and lots of things to be thankful for!

Last night one of my kids, the oldest: Enmanuel, started complaining of some pain, and i decided it was going to be necessary that we go see a doctor if the pain was still there in the morning. It was, and so off we went, after finding a translator (i don't do well with medical terms....the rest i can get by with...but not when it comes to technically medical stuff!), a driver to drive us to and from the city, and a few babysitters (for my 3 kids left behind, and the translators 5 kids!). Needless to say, it was a miracle we even got to go to the doctor, and i was reminded again how blessed we are to have the ability to go, and pay for, a doctor. Enmanuel is doing fine, we got some medicine and tests done and everything should be easy from here :)

I also was just so thankful for babysitters! When you ARE one, i guess you just don't always feel sooo appreciated. But it sure made life easier, to leave the 3 little ones at home while i took Enmanuel....and it was great to have almost a full-day of 1-on-1 attention for Enmanuel. He was super spoiled after the doctor. The translator bought him a snack while we were waiting at the doctors office, then we went to a really yummy "typico" restaurant for lunch, and then to the mall to wait for our ride to pick us up, and we had "dippin-dots" for a treat before we hit the hour-bus drive back to the ranch. He couldn't really eat dinner cuz he was so stuffed from the day!! haha :)

I'm also so thankful for friends. I just love encouraging and fun emails updating me on life. Knowing that i am not "forgotten" over here in honduras means so much! It's easy to feel alone, espessially now as i am a single-house mom....stuck inside with the kids all day! (except for the few hours per day i take them outside to play at the park of course!). I'm thankful also for the older teens here who stop on by to hang out with me in teh house....thankful that i haven't lost the opportunity to speak into their lives etc....thankful they will seek me out...thankful God will use me....thankful for the kids friendship!

And today, we had very little ("pocititito") rain! Horray!! I can't wait for rainy season to be over and the sun to start shining again!!

Much love....leave comments!!!! :) You don't have to be a "member" to leave comments! I just changed that setting! wooho!

1 comment:

*Ariel* said...

Hey Sara! Good to hear how things are going since you got back! I hope you had a great time in the states. You definitely had a handful to come back to! I really enjoy reading the lil fun stories :) thanks sistah! love,ares