Friday, July 4, 2008

Hey Everyone,,

I just wanted to send you all a quick update, since it's been a long while!! I had a great furlough, being able to see many, but not even close to all of you! It was extremely refreshing and great to be aroudn loved ones! I also celebrated my 23rd birthday, counseled for TRAX at SBR, traveled alot, spoke at ACC about missions, spoke at a VBS about missions, and was maid-of-honor in my friend Brianna's wedding!
All in all it was a much needed break, and much enjoyed. I was excited to get back to honduras and see waht i call "my kids!" Little did i know that when i got down here, i would have about 1 day off and then would literally have "My own" children to be a house-mom for full-time.

That's right, a set of our honduran house are no longer with the ministry, (that just happened since i've been back), and so a house full of 4 boys, ages 2,4,5,6, all of the sudden needed a mother.....and i was called upon to fill the role. I know that this is God's plan, and I know He is in control....do i myself feel ready for this task?? Not at all! Do i think God is surprised about this?? Not at all! I know that this is God's perfect timing and i know He will see me through and give me the strength and wisdom! I am looking forward to days ahead and getting settled with my boys. I have moved most of my things into this house and am starting to try and adjust to my new full-time-house-mom schedule.

I would absolutely covet your prayers during this huge transition. The amount of time i will be full-time in this house is unknown. We are waiting on some house parents who are raising support right now to move down here. Pray that they can raise their support quickly with God-Speed, so that these boys here can have a new mommy and daddy to adjust to ...the way a family is meant to be. I will be in here until that family arrives....it could be anywhere between September and December, but most likely closer to december, depending on their fundraising.

Please be praying for me and my boys......Darwin (2), Crisitian (4), Junior (5), Enmanuel (6). (enjoy the pics!)
Please update me on your life!!

In the Lord's gracious hands,
Sara

No comments: