Sunday, August 31, 2008

hospital stay and a fast week!

Well this week absolutely FLEW by! I don't even know where all the time went. Here's a quick peak...

**On Tuesday, since I am the nurse here, I was called around 3:15pm to help splint a badly broken arm of one of our 6 year old girls. She broke her arm doing a cartwheel and landing wrongly in P.E. at school.
We took her in as her arm was BENT in between her wrist and elbow....NOT SUPPOSED TO BEND THERE :) We ended up being in the ER four about 4 hours, all the while finding out she was going to need surgery, so they were prepping her for that and we were figuring out if she had eaten etc...
Well, then a man comes in and tells us we are going to need to spend the night in the hospital, not because of medical reasons, no, but because the CASHIER will not be there when she gets out of surgery at 9:30pm. UGH! Soo my boss, katherine and I camped out for the night in the medical center...long night sleepin' on the floor :) But i was so thankful to be able to be there for her, and help her through everything. She sure was a trooper! The doctor kept coming in before her surgery and saying how wierd it was she was not crying cuz of how bad the break was! Strong, strong girl. Two teachers stayed with my boys...I thank God for their willingness to help.

**Wednesday we got back here around 11am from the hospital. I then had the rest of the day and night off, which was much needed as i was compltely exhausted from the night before in the hospital!! So it was fun to hang out with some teachers and older kids around the ranch.

**Now it's Sunday, and we are chillin' out watching Aladdin and then will be leaving early this afternoon to do some shopping before church. We get to buy a carseat for Darwin, belts for all the boys, and maybe some groceries...and then my favorite part of the week..CCI :)

alright...leave comments!

Sara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara! I've been enjoying reading about your life. You are often in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya girl!

Sarah Trescott

Brendon & Emily Kirkbride said...

it has been fun to read your blog tonight ;) just think you should know what a joy it is to hear about the ministry you are in...

It is encouraging to hear that you are mothering and loving these precious boys through the power of Christ. I totally love it Sara.

Thanks for sharing and saying hi!